Thursday, June 25, 2015

Little Exorcist

I learnt about spiritual warfare when I was about 15 years of age. I really understood it when I was about 22.And now trending into my mid-thirties, I still grapple with recognizing the wiles of the evil one and in ‘putting on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:11)’ to keep the devil at bay. And so it convicts me deeply that this teaching to recognize the adversary, ‘..the devil who prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour (I Peter 5: 8) ‘comes easily to my almost 4 year old. How else is a quick calling out of a naughty preschooler tantrum quickly followed by 'I am not going to do it again mommy - I asked Jesus to help me and He helped me chased the devil away'? Or how is it that a song of ‘Jesus is the rock and He rolls my blues away’ modified by a quick thinking preschooler to 'Jesus is the rock and He rolls the devil away' and used triumphantly almost as a way of admonishing the way ward Lucifer?

And then I see my 10 month old watching - wide eyed as his sister goes through the motions. He will learn from her and hopefully from us and of course through everything that the Good Lord will put in his heart that 'Jesus is indeed the ROCK and He rolls the devil AWAY AWAY AWAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment